How many times have you tried to lose weight?
How many different diets have you tested?
How often have you dropped a lot of weight with intense dieting only to realize that you gained it all back — perhaps even more than you lost originally?
As a result of hypnosis for weight loss, you will think and feel differently about the food you eat. You will feel satisfied by much smaller portions. Your appetite will change, and your stomach will tell you, “Thanks, but that’s enough for me. I am full.”
Even though you will eat less, you will enjoy your food more than ever. You will naturally make
nourishing and healthy choices. You will exercise not because you have to, but because you love to do it. You will lose weight gradually and steadily.
As you lose weight, many other positive changes will take place in your life:
- Your health will improve.
- Your productivity will increase.
- You will enjoy your appearance.
- Your confidence and self-esteem will grow.
How does hypnosis for weight loss work?
About 10 percent of our mind is a conscious mind, which is a critical mind. The remaining 90 percent is a subconscious mind. It is responsible for our feelings, habits and convictions that we have accumulated throughout our lifetime, especially during childhood.
With weight loss hypnosis, the subconscious mind is opened up to address issues like overeating or eating poorly, which usually lead to unwanted weight gain.
Some people overeat or eat unhealthy food because it brings them temporary pleasure. The subconscious mind is trying to compensate for a lack of happiness or relaxation.
Others will overeat as an attempt to shut down temporarily other deep-seated and unresolved issues, such as mental, physical or sexual abuse.
Even though someone can consciously be aware that they should eat healthy food and exercise regularly, the subconscious mind overpowers with its programmed habits and desires.
The subconscious mind is much like a computer. Sometimes the “programs,” or thought patterns, stored in it need to be “updated”; otherwise, the subconscious mind will continue to push someone to eat food that is programmed to bring a temporary feeling of satisfaction. The hypnotherapist works directly with programs stored deep in a person’s subconscious mind to procure desired results like weight loss.
Hypnosis therapy redirects behaviors and thoughts, which cannot be done solely with the conscious mind.
How many weight loss hypnosis sessions will I need?
The answer to this question greatly depends upon you. Each person responds differently to hypnosis therapy. Some people have a natural ability to achieve a deep state of trance. Others will require more time to learn how to achieve a quality trance-like state. The deeper the trance, the faster the subconscious mind can learn new patterns of behavior.
In my experience, some clients start feeling results right away. However, it is important to keep in mind that every person’s situation is unique. In terms of weight loss, it can take months to lose weight naturally that someone has gained over the years.
If you are still looking for “magic” solutions advertised by some phony wizards of weight loss with promises like “Lose 20 pounds in 20 days,” then you are not ready for hypnosis therapy yet!
Hypnosis for weight loss is not a deceptive weight loss program. You will not lose 20 pounds in 20 days. Hypnosis therapy is healthy and natural. Sometimes it takes months to lose substantial amounts of weight.
What is your success rate with weight loss hypnosis clients?
In my years of practice, about 75 percent of clients see successful results from their weight loss hypnosis.
Is there anything I should do to prepare for my weight loss hypnosis therapy?
The best preparation for hypnosis is to be as open minded as you can. Come relaxed, calm and in a good mood. Also, don’t push yourself. Pushing yourself too hard can work against you.
It’s also important to remember that you cannot be hypnotized against your will. In other words, you can always resist hypnosis. So if you come in with thoughts like “I bet you cannot hypnotize me,” then you’re just wasting your time.
What is your method for achieving a trance-like state?
Hollywood films and fiction novels equate hypnosis to a zombie-like state. This is not reality. By following simple instructions, a person can achieve a natural, trance-like state of mind.
There is always a level of consciousness to keep you safe. Also, all hypnosis is self-hypnosis. A person can only enter that state of mind if they wish for it. The hypnotherapist never puts a spell on a person, as films and other media have implied over the years.
Can I bring someone with me to my weight loss hypnosis sessions?
A friend or family member can accompany you to any session throughout the process.