Sexual problems can be very hard to discuss let alone to admit.
Despite the fact that many find the topic difficult to broach, sexual problems are quite common for men and women. In many cases, sexual issues are a psychological problem rather than physiological.
Hypnosis therapy can help to resolve the following sexual problems:
- Unwanted fetishes
- Erectile dysfunction
- Premature ejaculation
- Sexual addiction
- Vaginismus, orinvoluntary muscle spasms and squeezing in the vagina, causing pain during intercourse
- Frigidity/Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder, or an absence of desire for sexual activity
- Anorgasmia, or difficulty for women to reach orgasm, causing distress
- Paraphilias, or fantasizing about and participating in atypical sexual behavior to achieve arousal
Sexual activity is meant to be enjoyed. Too much analysis about the actual act, or unreasonable expectations for yourself or the other person, can greatly reduce sexual enjoyment.
In our society, sexual performance is considered by many as an indicator of a person’s adequacy as a man or as a woman. There are many stories, most highly exaggerated, that are shared among teenagers and even adults about one’s spectacular sexual achievements, performances and abilities to please a partner, which render a person a “hero” in the eyes of listeners.
On the other hand, it creates new expectations and anxieties for listeners to be able to perform accordingly and to prove themselves. These types of expectations often bring about the opposite effect. Failure to mimic these stories results in more anxiety in subsequent attempts. Compounding failures creates a vicious cycle of disappointment. It is impossible to enjoy sex when you are worried about proving yourself or living up to unrealistic expectations.
Hypnosis therapy helps individuals to stop dwelling on negative thoughts or misconceptions.
Sexual behavior — like arousal, joy and orgasm — are entirely controlled by the subconscious part of the mind. Therefore, conscious concerns to perform according to what a person believes are expected of him or her will only disrupt the process.
Other factors that may create sexual problems include:
- Negative self-perception
Often people have no clue what is causing their sexual problems. Hypnosis therapy for sexual problems helps to:
- Uncover the root cause of an individual’s concerns;
- Understand why sexual concerns may exist;
- Treat the issue by working with the person’s subconscious mind;
- Place new, healthy programs, or thoughts, into a person’s subconscious mind;
- Address issues in as many sessions as are needed depending on the individual.
Hypnosis therapy offers techniques that allow exploration and identification of underlying conflicts, unresolved feelings about past events and factors beyond conscious awareness.
It is common for clients to take some time over the course of multiple sessions to feel comfortable enough speaking about any sexual concerns. Clients must approach these concerns at their own pace.
To learn more about hypnosis therapy for sexual problems or to set up a session, please call (310) 804-8123.